View Single Post
Old 06-07-03, 15:14
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: '182'

Hi Garry;

Is the picture attached the one your talking about? I think we went through this one before, either here or on the old MLU Forum.

If I'm not mistaken, you had said that your Father was RCASC with the 1st Div. That being the case and the operation in question being conducted by 1st Corps in the Western Netherlands, I'd have to say that the vehicles are either from 1st Med Regt, RCA (1st Cdn AGRA) or from 1st Medium Regiment Platoon, RCASC.

To the best of my knowledge, 2nd Cdn AGRA used the Unit Serial Block (173-180) normally allotted to the first Army Group Royal Artillery and when 1st Cdn AGRA arrived in NWE (approx Mar 45) they were alotted the second Unit Serial Block (181-187).

If 1st Corps had not gone to Italy and First Canadian Army had gone into NWE complete, then the 182 Serial would be for 3rd Med Regt (3rd Med Regt Platoon RCASC), but when 1st Cdn AGRA left for Italy, 2nd Cdn AGRA was allotted the Unit Serial Block for the first Army Group Royal Artillery (173-180) since they were then the only AGRA in First Canadian Army.

Anyways, hope this helps.

Cheers
Attached Images