View Single Post
Old 08-11-03, 17:59
RIP

Default Thanks MLU/Hanno-Soldier Identified!!

I was browsing the internet under the Dodge W37 Weapons carrier forum from a sight in Holland under English titles,through a MV Links sight,I logged onto a title "The Liberator",a forum about WW2 motorcycles.Scrolling down through various photos,Lo & Behold,my dad's picture came up,originally from"A Liberation Album".The caption underneath read".A Canadian soldier finally identified as William James(Jamie)Shipton of the RCASC from Kingston Ontario."sitting on a bike in front of a long row of beautiful C60's,just like Marc Montgomery's truck which I've had the priviledge of touching & smelling.It brings things alive for me & my family that they're not forgotten although now gone.
I suspect that through the MLU forum & Hanno's input showing the picture.all of Holland can see a liberator identified during the food shortage affecting the people just before wars' end
Kudos & thanks GWB/Hanno for keeping their service alive,especially at this time of year leading up to Rememberance Day,November 11th.
Thanks guys
Garry