View Single Post
Old 06-12-23, 22:07

I've read through the thread and to those of you that have could have done better, well done you. Perry's statements are accurate and his passion is correct. What many fail to grasp were the variables we were up against. We didn't own the tank, no one wanted to make it a running tank, we could have very easily we made all the moving parts move, and to the time of the one CO who asked the question why don't we...NOTHING would have been done - zip nada. HOLY ROLLER is fortunate that there was a perfect storm (to a point). The volunteer force was 95% people with no military background and they gave up every Saturday and then some. A few businesses felt they needed to help the project. Overall the city doesn't care, the Regiment doesn't care and the Association cannot maintain HOLY ROLLER. So, we could have left it there to rot or do something. The CWM knew where and what HOLY ROLLER was. A complete travesty for it going back into the park, I agree. But if nothing else it made headlines, it got the attention of a few museums that showed interest (all of a sudden). So, money wasted? An argument that isn't worth it, we stopped the degradation for awhile, which gives us the time to try to save it, to move it to an appropriate location. That in my viewpoint is the CWM. So, the hard part is keeping the pressure on to move this national icon. If people are that concerned, start writing to the mayor of the city and put the facts on paper and continue to write. Me, I'm chipping away from the inside.

Last edited by GaryC; 06-12-23 at 22:21.