View Single Post
Old 13-08-15, 20:53
carrier mech

Jack

I may take you up on that offer at some point. David Dunlop aent me a PDF of some promotional literature for the 1912 Cadillac which also contained some parts listings for some of the electrical and mechanical. (Thanks Dave ) I saw that about the starter doing both jobs. As I mentioned someone has replaced the starter/generator with a more conventional generator. A handcrank is on this vehicle and appears to be original including the khaki paint. It would be just like the army to order a cadillac and not have any of the options, although it was my understanding the electric starters were standard that year.

Just finished vacuuming out the body and boxes, meanwhile saving every scrap of anything bigger than a fly.

The tarpulin for the box is quite complete, despite being in many pieces. Thankfully someone had the foresight to leave it all in the box. The canopy for the operators area is 98% missing, and as well I am thinking it may be military as well. The winshield frame is wood, with a neat wooden headboard and a interior mirror the side of a deuce westcoast mirror. It is so heavy I thought it was a step of some kind at first.

Tires, tubes and flaps were ordered from Summit racing today, and as I estimated came out to a ltitle over $2K.

I don't have my camera at work today, or I woudl show some photos.

Anyway, back to work........a civil servant must never rest.