View Single Post
Old 27-03-15, 15:05

On Jan. 1, 2012 Manitoba passed the The Body Armour and Fortified Vehicle Control Act. Under the act a fortified vehicle is specified as:

"fortified vehicle" means a vehicle that has one or more of the following fortifications:
(a) material that has been designed to be resistant to explosives, bullets or other projectiles on a door or window, or anywhere else on the interior or exterior of the vehicle;
(b) subject to the regulations, protective material such as metal, ballistic nylon or reinforced fibreglass that has been added to the interior or exterior of the vehicle after it was manufactured;
(c) holes or slots that allow a firearm to be discharged from the vehicle without exposing the shooter;
(d) any other prescribed fortification.

Prior to the Act becoming law, I wrote a letter to my local Member of Legislature Assembly regarding my hobby and the impact the act would have. The MLA forwarded my letter to the Minister of Justice. To shorten the story a senior advisor met with me in my shop looked at the vehicles and agreed that we should be exempt and under the regulations military vehicles are exempt. If the change was not made, I would have had to sell my Ferret.

Gord Falk
Steinbach, MB