View Single Post
Old 23-01-23, 18:59

Default Canadian Dodge APT with Dual PTO

Hello everybody,

I’m overhauling the PTO (and some more things) of my APT. Putting it together I discovered a problem: Usually the PTO of the Canadian Dodge and the US-Dodge are the same.

But it looks as if I have a different (may be younger) one. Because at the rear I have an end plate with a hole for the drive shaft (dual PTO) and an oil seal with a different outer diameter to that one at the front end (watch the picture with the parts - you can see that).

Of course a bought a PTO gasket and seal set. Following the explanation of “Dodge Vintage Power Wagon” it’s a set for the 1 Ton Flat Fender Power Wagon 4x4 Civilian & Export. But the two oil seals for the drive shaft are similar, so I can’t use one of them for my end plate.

I'm looking for that smaller oil seal. And I made a measurement: The inner diameter of the seal (and also of course the diameter of the mainshaft) is 25mm (like at the front end) and the outer diameter is 39,6mm (1,56")

Does anybody knows that problem or knows which PTO it is?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Attached pictures:
01 PTO still installed
02 PTO clos up
03 end plate with hole for the drive shaft
04 comparison
05 oil seal outer diameter too big
Attached Thumbnails
01 PTO still installed.jpg   02 PTO close up.JPG   03 end plate.JPG   04 comparison.JPG   05 outer diameter too big.JPG