View Single Post
Old 15-12-07, 16:05

As a member of KVE, I was planning to attend Corowa in 2008 and would have assisted with the organising, as I would not have been taking a vehicle. I know that Jan Thompson has been attending Corowa from the first event in 1980 and has been involved with the organising since the mid-1990's. My first visit to Corowa was in 1996, after taking part in Back To The Track in 1995. Jan is known worldwide as the consistent contact for the Corowa event and myself and others hope that she will remain as Secretary of KVE, in order for the event to continue successfully. As there are now signs of main theme vehicles withdrawing, because of all this negativity, I am also having second thoughts in attending, with a cost of around $5000 to consider, for travel, accommodation and loss of earnings. I hear that some of the people who were planning on attending would have been spending a similar sum on vehicle transport. Those that have resigned appear to want to retain control. This will lead to continued disruption in KVE, which has already come to the fore with Ian and Alex withdrawing organisational support. Now is the time for those that have resigned to pack up and shut up, and leave it to new members with more dedication to take on the task.

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor