View Single Post
Old 18-12-07, 23:38
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Just a note...

If there's any fault in continuing to allow this thread to live, it is mine and mine alone.

Back in August, when the topic matter began to turn nasty, I did debate just chucking the whole lot, but in the end elected to preserve it, albeit keeping a close eye on it throughout.

The reason for this is twofold; first, as Bob suggests, there has been a total dearth of information coming from KVE itself, and thus no one has been up on the status of this coming year's event. Obviously, we now know why.

The second reason for keeping it is tied to the underlying troubles within KVE, which is to say that one of their number has been unfairly targeted for reasons I have found unfathomable. Simply speaking, I was not about to permit the unchallenged persecution of this person while I was in a position to do something about it, even if just by providing an outlet by which these accusations could be addressed in public.

This has been accomplished.

The fact that KVE is indeed in trouble right now is due to both conditions, in my opinion. The fact that solutions have been offered and plainly rejected just triumphs the fact that at least those who might have gone to great lengths and expense to bring down some unique piece of equipment in March have now the option as to whether to do so or cease & desist. It is the very least we can do for these dedicated collectors!

Thus, providing this thread stays polite, it will remain here unedited, at least until some other order of Corowa-related business develops. To those who find it awkward, I can only say 'bear with us here'; to those who are happy to at least have this as a news outlet, I have to say, 'thanks for your understanding'.

Let us hope that soon we might see the business of Corowa continue with no more enmity - the show should be a reflection of those who participate, not those who 'organise'.

Geoff