Thread: Photos needed
View Single Post
Old 02-01-07, 20:40
Senior Forum Member

Talking ... a little late, but......

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub on May 25th 2004
I am working on a new book that will cover the acquisition and use, by the Canadian Army Overseas, of vehicles and weapons.
This will be heavily ilustrated and I have already located many new photos. However, I am still looking for additional photos of the items listed below. Unless otherwise stated the photos should be of Canadian vehicles or in use by the Canadian Army.
Although I would like never-before-published photos I can use Cdn Archives reference numbers and I will then research other pictures in the same file. Let me know if you can help in this project. Thnx
and

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub on August 6th 2006
Thanks for all of these photos. The original request was for photos of specific items with which I could illustrate a book on the many vehicles used by the Cdn Army Overseas. That book (Tools of the Trade) was published in April 2005.

Any photos now posted on this thread are for the edification and enjoyment of the MLU'ers as I will not need them.
... well for the edification and enjoyment of MLU'ers, here is a photo of an 'Amphibian Jeep' in Canadian service and markings even........

Enjoy

From LAC: Personnel of the 17th Duke of York’s Royal Canadian Hussars transferring from a "Seep" (waterized jeep) vehicle to the Chevrolet C15A truck which serves as the unit’s bus, Weener, Germany, 13 February 1946 - PA-167682
Attached Images