View Single Post
Old 11-08-17, 14:27

Andy

At present, (having now found the email)... I have this...

I wanted to update you with the plans here at Sheffield Park and Garden with regards to our WW2 history. As I think I mentioned in my last email, in 2018 our annual programming theme will be about how the grounds were used during the Second World War.

We already have some exciting plans for next year, including an archaeological excavation of one of the Nissen huts, an art installation, interpretation panels telling the history and stories of that time, tours, a re-creation of one of the Nissen huts and, of course, the installation of the commemorative plaque and stone by the Maple tree. We are also looking into costumed characters, military vehicles and an obstacle course similar to that used here for training.

I have been to the National Archives and photographed some of the War Diaries of the regiments that were here, but still have more to do, including that of the soldier that features in your photographs. I would be happy to send you copies of those when I have them if they are of interest to you?

We will be using your photographs to help us re-create the inside of a Nissen hut to give an idea to our visitors of what life would have been like for the soldiers, and it would be great to be able to use some of them in the displays. Can you please let me know if that would be something you would allow us to do and then we can arrange the proper documentation?

Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, additional information or contacts that may wish to be involved?

At the moment though, it is really just a case of knowing who else can support them with whatever they decide to do.

Cheers

Tim

Last edited by Tim Bell; 11-08-17 at 14:39. Reason: Edited stuff