View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 00:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Bradshaw View Post
Richard- Is there any info you can gain from this radiator ie: a standard one used on multiple variations or is it specific to this one?

I am told it has a B80 engine and the Saracen transmission so those should be fairly commonplace. Both the engine and transmission are seized so not the easiest to get running yet.
Hi Jon,
There is a brief description in this booklet about the FV432 and its predecessors:
http://www.fv432apc.com/manuals/fv43...432+series.pdf

I saw in an earlier post that this is a FV402 which according to the booklet is an Armoured Observation Post Team Carrier and fitted with a TN20 Hobbs transmission, whereas the FV401 is shown as having a Wilson pre-select type (which is of the type in a Saracen). Going by the photo of the gear selector, it does not look like a Wilson box.
The photo of the plate you posted, upper plate shows the radiator was made at Morris Motors' Osberton radiator works. The plate under it with the FV number will be the part number of the radiator, under that are inspectors stamps. More than likely specially built I would think.
Sorry, I have no other info on the Cambridge. Few were built as far as I know and mostly prototypes for trials I think.

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor