View Single Post
Old 19-11-17, 19:55

Default A quick reply from Bovington

The researcher said that they have Mark 1- FV402 Armoured Observation Post No. 4 Mark 1 and the registration number for it is 60 BA 09. I am still waiting on more info from them but it raised a question in my mind about numbers. It is the one in the pics FVPE 3818.
Since the earlier pictures I had seen of this vehicle (attached) had the UXM 65 number on it and that was the same as the number on a target hull pic I also have seen (but can't find right now). I wonder if it was taken off the range and given a new number/ brought onto charge in the military just for the museum?

Quote from- Michael R- Two other known AOP No.4 FV402 series are:
FVPE 3816, Pilot model 1, UK Registration JXW 32
FVPE 3903, Pilot model 2, UK Registration KYW 36
Are you saying there are two other carriers out there in museum/private collections?

The pic is from the old thread on this site about this carrier from 2005. A few more pics as good as these and I would have enough to start getting a fabrication plan together. I still have no idea what the inside would look like. Other than the drivers seat, it was completely stripped out.

Interesting the amount of dust collected on it over the years. I assume the new vehicle preservation building is much more "dust free" then the old one.
Picture is courtesy of Dennis Trowbridge, see http://community.webshots.com/user/jtrowbridge5
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_FV401 Cambridge Carrier 35013630311_1c007860d3_b.jpg   front left top shot.jpg   back left side shot.jpg