View Single Post
Old 02-12-17, 01:21

Default Reply from the museum...

The researcher has replied to me that she has found quite a bunch of info on the carrier FV 401/ armoured OP FV 402 and wants to know what I would like her to send me....
The list of stuff is long but it is excerpts from different books and some manuals she found. Without seeing what she has I am stuck, I guess I will just order it all and sort out whats good when it arrives.

The list of the items she found are-

Outline and Transport Diagrams, Plate Thickness, Suspension and Engine and Transmission (6 pages)

Carrier, Armoured, O.P., No. 4, FV 402 (photograph and basic description)(1 page)

Provisional User Handbook (for troop trials) for Carrier, Universal No.4 (FV401) and Carrier, A.O.P, No. 4 (FV402), WO Code 17767
(basic description of contents: General Description, User Servicing and Adjustments, Fault Finding Charts, Appendix and List of Illustrations: 34 figures) (88 pages)

Ministry of Supply, Fighting Vehicles Proving Establishment, Report No. F.T.2007, Cambridge Carrier Development Trials (20 pages of text, 2 pages of graphs, 6 pages of photographs)

Ministry of Supply, Fighting Vehicles Proving Establishment, Report No. F.T.1908, Development Trials: F.V.402 Prototype No. 1. (First 1000 Miles), 10th Nov 1950 (20 pages of text, 3 pages of graphs, 2 pages of photographs

Universal Carriers, Volume 2’ by Nigel Watson (Choir Press, 2006)
(This chapter covers the FV402 and FV401. There is a brief description, stowage sketches, interiors, wading device information, dimensions. Photos throughout. (19 pages- pp.234-252)

I have been looking for the book Universal Carriers, Volume 2’ by Nigel Watson. Amazon and Ebay and a bunch of other sites are all out of stock. Does anyone have this book and are you willing to part with it? If not then I will buy the pages particular to this carrier from the museum.....