View Single Post
Old 08-02-10, 21:46
Dave Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lavoie View Post
Kevin,
The frost plug idea that Ledsel gave us really works. I had taken a origional borrowed from Rick Debruyn, and brought it to a auto parts store. They matched it up, and now have 16 cupped washers.
Maurice`s idea of using the M8 master switch is bang on. See attach. ( I used pictures of Rick`s origional button, and some of the ones of the switch I bought). Just follow Maurice`s directions and poof, a carrier starter button. If you can`t find a M8 switch, a Land Rover starter button is darn close, so I have been told from a fellow MLU`er who just bought one. The bolt pattern is the same as on the instrument panel.

I know it has been said many time here but, ..... a big Thank you to all who have put forth the idea`s , fixes so that we can get past one more hurtel, and try to complete our projects. If you could see the smiles come, when one of the fixes work, it is really worth it.

Well, on to the next challange.
Doug
Here is a picture of the Lucas starter switch (part # SRB311) installed in my dash and it is a direct bolt in and does not require any modifying to install. This is a excellent choice until an original can be found.
Attached Thumbnails
202-0202_IMG.jpg   201-0200_IMG.jpg