View Single Post
Old 01-07-16, 18:59

Default Gatineau Airshow 2016

Yesterday I was invited to assist the Cold War Collection display three of their vehicles at the Gatineau Quebec airport which is also home to the Vintage Wings of Canada collection. Their website is here http://www.vintagewings.ca/en-ca/home.aspx

The event is held as part of the VW of C mandate to keep it's status as a museum.

They are fortunate to have had a CF 18 in BCATP colours and the Snowbirds as some of the attendees, the full list is of what was there is on the website.

The Cold War Collection brought out the Belgian CVR(T) Scorpion and the Austrian Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 6 X 6 and the latest addition to their fleet a 1969 Cadillac Gage V100, which was the vehicle I staffed with another volunteer ad Forum member Terry Warner.

The Cold War Collection carries insuranc coverage specifically to allow public interaction with vehicles and we had line ups all day long, often over 20 people long. The small kids scrambled on in and loved standing in the turret.

Derek and Dave who manned the Scorpion were allowing folks into the turret and they had a similar line up.

I am a vehicle kind of person but d have an appreciation of other mechanical devices such as aircraft. I have some basic knowledge and was able to pck up on interesting details.

Regrettably I did not have time to wander around the airside displays so my pictures are limited.

Don't ask me why this airshow is on a weekday and advertised in a low key manner, that is another organisations event and I was happy to be invited and attend and be part of it all.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and wordage
Attached Thumbnails
Gatineau 12.jpg   Gatineau 3.jpg   Gatineau 11.jpg   Gatineau 1.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62