View Single Post
Old 30-09-15, 02:28

Default Bright Orange Panel 2x6

My solution to slower than flow of traffic. Is an international orange, air requisition panel covering the tailgate, at least if they run in to the truck they look stupid if the say they didn’t see the truck.

Notice that I said “slower than flow of traffic” one of the problems I encounter is traffic that is as much as 20 MPH over the posted speed. So even if you can do the speed limit there can be a problem.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and similar threads concerning other locations. Seems that a jumble of rules from Province to Province, State to State and Country to Country is pretty much normal. One of the problems which I suspect is a constant underlying problem concerning antique vehicles is the lack of knowledge of the average officer trying to enforce laws. They just don’t have to deal with antique vehicle laws that often.

Every time they change the laws concerning antique vehicles in my home state there are a spat of problems experience by club members. The more the antique vehicle rules are different from the norm the more common the problem. Examples having inspection month different from registration month and then doing away with inspections for Antique plates older than a certain age. I’m still getting stopped for that one every now and then. Never tell the officer he is wrong, instead ask it as a question, Oh this is a 1945 and isn’t that covered by vehicles built before 1949 don’t have to be inspected?

As a good thought provoking thread

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com