View Single Post
Old 15-07-12, 03:54
VMVC

Default battery holder- update

Hi Tony,
Think I answered my own question! I remember getting the base plate straightened many years ago by the bumper straightening service where I took my bumper. I seem to remember now he mentioned grinding off some rivet heads. I had a look at my base and I can just see the outline of the holes. He did such a good neat job I didn"t see them before I primered and painted it. So I would say they were riveted directly to the base plate. The photos I obtained showed so much scale I assumed it was a sheet metal plate on the bottom. Have attached photo of my "interim" battery holder. You may find it interesting the Baldwin fuel filter element in it. The first truck had the remains of an AC GF-132 filter inside the filter housing. When I cross referenced, I found Baldwin makes one for it and bought it locally in Melbourne. I think it is a lot better filter than the original brass leaf type. And, just like the engine, I am willing to deviate from 100% original if it doesn't affect appearance but improves reliability.
Brgds, Jacques
Attached Thumbnails
Copy of battery holder-interim.jpg   Copy of AC filter.jpg  

Jacques Reed