View Single Post
Old 03-11-12, 16:23

I get the idea that I am going backwards here....the frame started to show slight corrosion pits through the fresh paint...that black primer I used was really bad! So I decided to sand down some sections of the frame and apply a coat of my new friend....the heavy duty Red-oxide PU primer.

I did the same on the leaf spring blades and applied a coat of Khaki green next. I am waiting for the last few parts, so I can continue with the re-assembly of the springs. I assembled one already, but need to have another look as one of the blades is not positioned properly.

One thing that I wanted to ask you guys about is leaf Spring bushings. I have managed to get NOS spring pins and GM stamped bushings from LWD parts. However I thought the bushing should have a narrow fit to the spring eye and the pins should be moving freely in the bushing (with grease in between). In this case it's the other way round. The bushing "falls" into the spring eye and you have to force the pin into the bushing. Any ideas? Is there an easy way to "spread" the bushing??

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Leaf1.jpg   Leaf2.jpg   Bushing.jpg