View Single Post
Old 30-10-15, 15:33
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
Does that include the one at Cargo, a village between Orange and Canowindra ? There was another one on the roadside on the road to Forbes from Orange ? I must have seen at least five of them in memorial parks up that way . Problem is they are usually stuck to the ground , concrete is so hard to break up
To reuse the words of my father - if you are going to steal something be obvious. Make it look like you have a reason to be doing whatever. (Not that a son should necessarily follow everything a father imparts ....)

(Helmets on! War story time.)

There was a WWI German field gun in the traffic tri-angle in my hometown, and during WWII the sentiment was that the Germans deserved to get some of their steel back. A work crew dismantled the gun, and in the process fired a large nut off the recoil mechanism into the brick wall of a nearby building. Two generations later the town acquired a cute little 75mm Pack Howitzer. One snowy morning I observed the parallel tracks of a narrow "cart" and was not the least bit surprised to see the howitzer aimed up at somebody's university residence window. It has since been lashed down better, but not nearly as solidly as a 25 Pdr can be secured.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!