View Single Post
Old 29-12-20, 19:19

Default DIALS, Engraved CMC 115-477 ZA/CAN 4653

I pulled the Remote Receiver off the shelf this morning and in very short order am now pleased to have the original non luminous dial it came with mounted to it and the fully luminous one is now available as the likely candidate to be installed on the Frequency Dial of the Sender when I get to reassembling it.

The attached photo shows the dial the Sender came with on the left and the replacement candidate on the right. Interestingly, the yellow phosphors still really pop on both of these dials, the Green on the right side dial comes in a pretty good second, not so much on the left. The orange on both really takes a long time to load up and start glowing, but has a very short duration time. This is interesting because in conversations I have had with current suppliers of phosphor luminous paints, it is now the yellow phosphors that are hard to find with any reasonable brilliance and glow time. Orange, on the other hand is now right up there with blue, green red and white for brilliance and duration.

The original dial from the Sender had a lot of splatter on it that covers the luminous sections and I doubt it can easily be removed without taking the original paints underneath it along for the ride. It also has a lot of rust now on the plated surfaces. I am thinking I might use this dial as a test bed to see what can be restored and how, before I take a closer look at the remaining two Sender PA LOADING Dials.

David
Attached Thumbnails
DIALS, Engraved CMC 115-477 1.JPG