View Single Post
Old 22-01-08, 13:53
Vets Dottir 2nd

Yes ... definately a tough guy. I wonder what the update on his condition is.

My childhood sweetheart from early childhood, I'm actually his step-aunt but we're the same age

... well, had a winter story not so lucky.

Rural (back home) Manitoba about 30??? years ago ... about -20F or so, he and 3 friends, drunkish, went out Christmas Eve joyriding in the truck, truck always had reserves of gas in the can in back of truck. No one thought to double check this time. 20 miles from nearest house or community they ran out of gas. They decided to walk back to the community 20 miles away as absolutely zero traffic on that old roaD ... my childhood sweetheart the only one that got back alive. He almost died, was in hospital forever, lost the front halves of both feet. Very tragic story for everyone back home that tossed everyone for a long time ...

... and thank god my tough guy survived somehow and loves to give me a hard time and tease me on chat all the time now

The cold ... is deadly ... my kid got frostbite in her thumbs and ears a few years ago having to walk/run 5 blocks ... it was -47 with the windchill. An idiot offered her a ride home from work, she was dressed for rides, not walking, and ride dropped her off 5 blocks from home

Extremes ... hot or cold ... not good