Thread: "Blitz" Barbie
View Single Post
Old 16-04-06, 18:56
In Vino Veritas

Default Re: Hunting stories...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Thanks Jon and Sapper..

I Sask they had two zones..North and South..

Got a ground hog out in the neighbours yard I have to deal with now..Did one in last year..got another moved in this spring...
I'll gas him this week..
Garden hose to the tail pipe for that lad...
And Winnipeg has 2 seasons...winter and construction. I tried to flood out a western prairie dog family , much more vigorous diggers than those eastern ground hogs, and caused the '97 Red River flood, my face was sure red.
Alex you forgot to mention the the skill required to transport a carrier on kayaks to get to the sheet ice. I think navigating was the hardest part , because those skinny tracks fit on a kayak deck pretty easy.
Also, the skill of using A 5 ton bullet for chicken and rabbit hunting, knocking them unconcious at 70mph on gravel takes a bit of training and whiskey.
My dad used to just whistle and rabbits would just jump in to the big stew pot and bring carrots and taters from the garden on the way.
Worlds's best snipers come from the Prairies too!!! You try sniping a 10" moving target at 6 miles with a .22 short ,sun in your eyes, and the average dailey 50mph light prairie breeze blowing across your path.
Yup, sure miss walking 17 miles to town just to smell that pretty girl that worked at the slaughter house. the best!
Sean
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff