View Single Post
Old 17-02-19, 01:17

Thanks for the kind complements, Gentlemen. Much appreciated.

The last time I did any binding, or lacing, was some 30 years back on a 19-Set project. The binding work was for a Crystal Calibrator Dog Bone that somebody had cut the binding from where the calibrator supply line comes out of the one end socket. I could find no reason for the binding having been cut away, other than perhaps pure curiosity, so had the fun of restoring it.

I cannot recall why I got involved with lacing. I recall it was a short run of wiring, that again, had been snipped at for no clear reason. Not even sure if it was a 19-Set chassis, or something else at this point, but lacing was fun to sort out. I discovered very quickly, there is a right way of doing it, and a wrong way which looks all too similar to the correct way, but you discover too late its is indeed wrong and you have to replace it. And just to add to that wrinkle, there is actually a third, really good way, of lacing up a run of wires. I have a reference on the topic somewhere. I should probably dig it up and post one day, before circuit boards and AI completely take over.

David