View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 22:53

Another productive day at the basement work bench this afternoon.

I was able to get the leads to the Octal Plug pins all successfully soldered in place, and the excess trimmed away. Then it was a simple case of using a small stone on the Dremel to smooth the pin tips up.

The actual real challenge was getting the Octal Plug Cover to snap in place. It did not look like much but was a tough little sucker to pop into its final position. I was pleased to see that when the anti strain clamp was finally run home, it ended up exactly where I had hoped it would, at the mid point of the loom binding. The final photo shows how this adapter fits up with my Precision 612 Tube Tester.

Now I just have to sort out two of the tester controls to see exactly what output they are providing, and to what pin locations. A third control, for the Filament Voltages, Precision actually provided a table of voltage values for in their manual, for the 18 available switch points. Since the ARP-3 Valve is the most common in the 52-Set, I will focus on it first. The pin information for the valve is readily available, so it will just be a case of testing each pin on the B7 socket for each switch point on the two controls to see what end values are delivered and when I get the correct values for each pin noting the control settings. It will be basically the same process for the 12Y4G valve on the 5-Pin Socket.

David
Attached Thumbnails
British Valve Adapter Project 28.JPG   British Valve Adapter Project 29.JPG   British Valve Adapter Project 30.JPG   British Valve Adapter Project 31.JPG