View Single Post
Old 06-10-06, 15:46
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default No Change.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell Zinck
Hi

My 2 cents:

We only get that pay when we're in Theatre.

He should not get that pay if he's not in theatre.

I fail to see the source of the Father's anger. I really doubt his boy, the soldier, agrees with his Dad. This has been how it's been in the Canadian Military since the Riel Rebellion. If you're not there, you don't get it. Period.

Think of it this way; You work for a Corporation that pays you extra for a specific function. You are not employed in that function. Should you recieve that pay? If he did get it, I could see the other side of the coin in that someone else would scream blue murder that we were getting money for nothing.

The lad is wounded. I'm sorry but that's not reason enough to get $ you don't deserve.

Before anyone dares to bark at me; remember my Wife's Brother is in the exact same boat and I know for a fact he agrees with me as I spoke to him last nite.

regards
Darrell
Darrell...
Pay and allowances policys haven't changed in this aspect since I got out 30 years ago...
While I hate to see any of our troops hurt and am wearing my red shirt today,there has to be rules and regs and discipline..
When on TD(Temporary duty) certain pay and allowances apply...when you are off that TD ,the goodies stop..
Jump pay and flight pay is the same .,..when no jump ..no fly..no pay..
Our normal pay and allowances continue,so would the wounded members...
So nothing has really changed..
God bless our troops.