Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 06-01-19, 20:25

The parts washer is working really well. I thought about adding a magnetic heater to the bottom of the bin but I found them expensive. Plus I’d figured I try it out as it. So far it works well. For the drain I do have a quarter turn valve on it so I can regulate the drain flow into the bucket. Right now I find a lot of the sediment settles into the large main bin and doesn’t drain down into the bucket. So I’m trying out today to fill the yellow bin up and let it sit for a few days. Then drain the fluid into the bucket leaving most of the residue in the yellow bin. Followed up by some paper wipe it all up.

Anyway back onto the truck. The front left hub was completely degreased then sandblasted along with some of the steering components. The small internal bits were simple soaked in the cleaner and will be good to go again. It’s amazing just how much sand gets into everything from the initial sandblasting and why it’s important to take it all apart and clean.

Another find was a fault in one of the bolts that hold the knuckle bearing cap in place. I saw the small crack in the side of the head. However the crack down the length never showed up until I sandblasted it. The crack was still weeping some of the parts cleaner and showed up very well.
Attached Thumbnails
250BB357-2B73-4F51-AB66-ADB6C5EA3C04.jpeg   E6D566E8-9D1A-439A-8853-74C78A3BE76D.jpeg   AD5F0C88-E9E8-4A7E-8245-5939D39293F4.jpeg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer