View Single Post
Old 22-03-06, 05:22

Default Parts....

David

Try Ottawa Clutch and Automotive, 1171 Newmarket Street
..... they are located para to Innes Road between St Laurent and the 417... you actually have to take Bantree off Innes to get to Newmarket..... very helpful bunch.... tell them what it is for... pictures always facinates them.

If you drive around the corner the street name becomes Michael and a few doors down is Malmberg.... they had stock wheel cyl. for the Chev using the Wagner parts number listed on the forum.

Now if you go back on Innes.... going West is changes to Industrial when you cross St Laurent.... a few blocks down on your left at 850 Industrial.... you will find Industrial Solutions...731-6161...ask for Andre Gingras... tell him what ti is for.... tell him I sent you. Ideally you will have either the exact measurements of the bearings or seals and/or old parts number. They seem to prefer seeing and measuring the old parts so I usually stuff them in a zip lock bag and take it down to them.

They are extremely helpful and the prices are very good. Now make sure he knows that the parts are no urgently needed for a production run....after all CMP are not a hot issue and he may have a repeat business clients that needs it more than we do.

If I can be of some help in picking up parts for you let me know.

Amazing what they can find with the special search engine they have access to.... usually inside and outside dimensions are all he needs. Now brace yourself... bearings and bearing race are not cheap..... to do a T case you are looking at $500 + for all bearings and seals.... but darn it... they are all available.

When I say prices are good... I was quoted from $45.00 to 65.00 for the huge front axle 5 inch seal.... they had them stock for $20.

Ron and I have collected a number of modern parts/maker/brand number and prices that we will be posting soon.

Good luck.
Canada