Thread: Low compression
View Single Post
Old 07-02-18, 17:35

On Canadian produced engine blocks found in universal carriers MK-I* and MK-II*, the engine block casting number is displayed on the shoulder over the water pump. Viewing from the front of the block, the 'left side'. The number '81' casting plate may appear as '87'. (see image of two examples)

Serial numbers on Canadian produced engine blocks found in universal carriers MK-I* and MK-II*, the number being displayed on the exposed portion of the intake manifold deck. Viewing from the front of the block, the 'right side, rear corner'.

Serial number format is 'TLXXXXXF'. There may be multiple 'F' letter strikes after the normal sequence, as well as the inspector stamp and additional letters or symbols, the more common upper case letters being 'E' and 'V'.

The complete serial number example displayed belongs to the engine found in the restoration thread for the carrier in Israel, with thanks to Mr. Berko. Of note, that is a MK-I* carrier, upgraded to MK-II in the UK and given a British cast data plate, with a MK-II* engine block.

See: http://mapleleafup.net/forums/showpo...7&postcount=70
Attached Thumbnails
carrier engine serial number MK-IIstar TL2XXXXF.jpg  
Attached Images