View Single Post
Old 28-08-18, 23:28
carrier mech

Thanks Ed...I mentioned it was available online in an earlier post, as so many of them are. However, it makes things a lot quicker if you can refer to someone who has worked on them, or at least look at the real thing. Especially when you consider some of these manuals will cover several different models of application.

To be totally honest, I wasn't an M109 guy when I was in the service. It was a trade specialty course, and every time they went to load me on a course, it would get yanked away. One time I didn't even make it away from the control office counter and the course was gone. By the time I left the regiment I was a Sgt, and had people who did that kind of work for me. Heck, I wasn't even supposed to have a toolbox. Big battle over that with my ET... I eventually won and got to retain the box. Eventually I got tired of being a data entry monkey and cat herder so I retired. I now find myself having to look after a pair of the M109s, so whatever peripheral experience I got on them has come in handy.