View Single Post
Old 14-06-21, 05:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Kitson View Post
If you want the best performance from the engines, don't waste your time on the worn injectors. Exchange the old ones for the GM Reliabuilt factory reconditioned ones. A little pricey, but you wont regret it.
Perry, we replaced the bad #1 injector with a Reliabuilt injector we (miraculously) found in stock. And then I replaced the bad #3 with one I rebuilt from parts. Both worked well. And the interesting thing is I found nothing obviously wrong with either of the removed ones except I saw a lot of debris when back flushing the injector inlet filters. I pulled the filter on the #3 injector and found lots of flaky debris that was way bigger than it should be, considering we have a fuel filter after the pump. I suspect a collapsed main filter or a total lack of main filter at some point in its life. So I think our main problem is plugged inlet filters. We need to check the filters in the other poorly-performing injectors.
We’re always a bit strapped for cash so just replacing injectors at around $300 a piece for the measly 5 miles a year we put on this tank is a hard option to sell!
Malcolm,