View Single Post
Old 05-10-05, 00:37
GM Fox I

Default Very interesting

This is cutting on the last remaining mysteries of Mk.1 carriers.

1. here is a description of the smoke rounds from the Coventry armoured car manual.

2. the 'insert' I'm looking for is not an addition, but a sheet metal interior part with holes cut in it that is part of the smoke generator box. I have dimensions and construction details for the exterior of the box.

3. the bracket on the left rad armour: it is listed as a 'wireless bracket' in the parts book. As the only wireless set that book contemplates is the 11 set, I suspect this bracket (beyond being an extension for the rifle clips) is for the 11 set "Aerial Coupling Equipment Aerial Unit 'C'". This is a wrinkle finished box 5-1/8" by 5-1/2" by 6-1/2" tall that acts much like a variometer for a 19 set. The proof may be in the pairs of small holes in the side of this bracket (at least on mine) that might suggest a pair of L-shaped brackets that make fitting of the C Coupler perfect. Why the coupling unit would be stored here is a mystery as it would, in that location, be of no use in the operation of the set. I'll steal the digital camera from work and send some pictures.

4. I feel truly sorry for those unfortunates that don't have a carrier and cannot, as a result, follow this.
Attached Thumbnails
smoke round.jpg