View Single Post
Old 27-04-19, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcm View Post
I started this thread, probably with a little too much guilty joy at others expense, that I regret and I apologize for. All in all it's a shame, I certainly would not go casting aspersions on the ONTARS president. Alan is a smart, successful businessman who has been a real benefit to the museum and the Canadian military vehicle community.

I will admit in my earlier collecting days I made some major mistakes, mostly born from a lack of knowledge, unbridled enthusiasm and misplaced trust. Who of us hasn't at one time or another got little excited and bought a bag of magic beans?

No matter what we are all on the outside looking in and in the end it is a very interesting and sad event, but the reality is I am sure we don't know all the circumstances surrounding the case.

What I am glad to see is this has not seemed to effect the momentum the Ontario Regiment Museum has gained in the last few years. Lessons learned, onward and upward!

John
I tend to agree with what you say John and while the guy may be brilliant, successful and competent in what he does for a living he did make an ill thought out purchase on this one sight unseen. Sadly the plaintiffs should have done the due diligence and had some knowledge of what they where throwing money at. The Victory Memorial Museums collection of vehicles (later Kruse Foundation) had a reputation of being made up and often incomplete so when the guy bought these as is/where is and sight unseen it just shows a breathing taking lack of study, or knowledge, regarding the vehicles purchased. That all said I have to salute the guy for moving the OntR museum so very far forward and giving it a bright future and potential. A costly mistake made for sure and no doubt many lessons learned along the way that will not be repeated .

Last edited by James P; 27-04-19 at 00:47.