Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 17-06-15, 22:04

Joćo, I believe that information is already on the forum. Im not too sure where though, but I will see if I can search it for you.

My dash map light is all complete. I decided the paint the inside in white. Im not too sure if the orginals were but I figured it makes a bit of sense. I also created a new wire for it using new made period correct wiring. Now I am looking for a Map light switch plate. Does anyone know of a place I could get a reproduction made?

Ive also got one fuel tank relined with tank sealer from Mac's. I used this stuff for a fuel tank on my carrier and I was really happy with it. I washed the tank out with muratic acid letting it sit on each side for 5min. After this I dumped out the acid into a bucket then began flushing the tank with lots of water. I also half filled the tank and put in a box of baking soda. The more flushing. I then rinsed the tank with the fuel tank etch that Mac's sells. To do a final drying I put the tank on the BBQ to heat it up and remove all the moisture. Once the tank was dry and cooler I poured in the tank liner and began rolling the tank around to coat all the surfaces. I currently have the other tank soaking with a water/marine clean mixture (it still had old gas in it). I'll be leaving this to soak for a few days then I will repeat the steps. Once the insides are done I will be coating the outside in POR15. This should make the tanks last a lifetime.
Attached Thumbnails
maplight07.jpg   maplight08.jpg   maplight09.jpg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer