View Single Post
Old 06-12-07, 14:43

Default Sydney Meeting

Ladies and Gentlemen, in reference to the meeting at Sydney on 25 Nov there were a number of items to come from it that are of interest to any and all entrants for Corowa in 2008.

The initial build up had the committee cancel the meeting days prior, which left those of us with flights & accommodation booked up in the air as this time frame would then negate any refunds. No mention was made of another meeting being scheduled.

Immediately after this, letters of resignation were forwarded by the KVE President, Treasurer and another committee member (non-executive position). The club Vice President had submitted his resignation previously and that resignation time frame had already expired leaving this position vacant.

The meeting still took place as a meeting of interested members and participants. This included members from other major MV clubs from within the state.

As per the request of the resigning members, their letters were read out and opened for discussion.

From there, an interim committee was nominated by the members present to fill the club positions until a Special General Meeting could be convened after the resignation time frame had elapsed. These positions are temporary and will be filled at a Special General Meeting to be held on 27th December.

It needs to be mentioned that although these positions are being filled, they technically will still be temporary positions until the AGM. This is even after the Special General Meeting. The people currently assisting in these positions at the moment are solely there to disperse the workload to enable the organisational aspects for next year to continue. I again reiterate these are temporary positions only.

At this coming Special General Meeting ALL VACANT committee positions will be opened for nomination.

These positions are:
President;
Vice President;
Treasurer: and
Position without portfolio x 2.

At this stage, the interim (temp) executive positions are staffed by:
President: Myself (Ian Pullen),
Vice President: Alex McPherson, and
Treasurer: Maureen Bell.

A letter has been forwarded to the resigning members asking for all files, documentation, property etc belonging to KVE to be sent to either the club secretary or myself sometime within the next few weeks. This will allow the interim committee to continue with the organisation and logistics for next years event. As this information is a requirement to enable the event next year to occur, it is hoped that this transition happens smoothly and the exchange of these items happens soon.

The Secretary KVE is in the process of forwarding to financial members a nomination/ballot form to officially nominate and fill these positions at the 27 Dec meeting.

I am more than happy to answer any questions posted on this forum or sent to me by PM or e-mail.