View Single Post
Old 30-12-18, 04:15

Default 15-cwt vs 30-cwt Wireless CMP

I didn't want to revive an old post so I'll start a new one instead....

In an old thread discussing the 2K1 van body, CLETRAC posted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...67&postcount=4) material from Military Vehicle Profiles. I was struck by the period photo shown in the last image (rear right view). A better view of the same photo from Library and Archives Canada can be seen here at www.RCSigs.ca

It is shown in CLETRAC's post on a page about the 15-cwt wireless and it's also the photo used in Gregg's Fighting Vehicles for that vehicle but to me it looks to be a 3J1 body for the 30-cwt Wireless and not the 2K1. I read on a thread elsewhere on this forum that the ladders on the 3J1 supposedly curve above the top of the box although they don't on this photo. The box in question does have lots that point to a 3J1 however - the side windows are farther apart than on a 2K1 indicating a longer body, the distances from the wheel well to the front and back are significantly different where they are pretty well the same on a 2K1, the forward underside compartment is the 3K1 size, and the rear underside compartments on a 2K1 aren't present. It also looks like a photos of a refurbished 30-cwt I found on the forum.

So, can you experts confirm it's a 30-cwt 3J1 that has been incorrectly used in the past... or if I'm crazy? Any idea if there are more period photos out there? I'm trying to gather as much info as possible but so far have found little outside of this forum. Gregg's book doesn't deal with it as the vehicle type was considered obsolete before the time period of his book and Clive Law didn't get to Vol 2...

Any opinions or assistance would be most welcome!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Last edited by Joe C; 30-12-18 at 04:25. Reason: grammer