View Single Post
Old 23-08-17, 22:27

Default To belt or not to belt that is the question

Hi Chris

Without high jacking the original point of this thread. Seat belts, or improved lighting are a reasonable progression to this discussion

Now as to belts, I have them on all my CMPs accept the rear seat of the HUP, which I have to do before my grand kids can ride back there. It is as much staying put in the seat. For the driver it is being stable in the seat to drive. Off roading bouncing up out of the seat on a CMP is not uncommon, with your feet and hands being your only points of contact with the truck it is really hard to control the vehicle. The normal belt concept of staying with the vehicle in an accident guess that depends on what you hit.

Given the realities of driving on the ever more congested roads (at least in my area) trying to improve the visibility of the tail light is important. I'm currently looking at LED replacement bulbs even though I long ago augmented the original 1inch CMP tail lights with 3 inch commercial units.

If the original question concerning what is require in Elvis's providence has been answered. Should we progress to the question of how to improve the lighting on our MVs without totally loosing authentic appearance?

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com