View Single Post
Old 06-01-21, 11:54
MLU Administrator

Default Gibeault's Tracked Jeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Didn't Andre Guibeault have a hand in one of the Tracked "Jeeps" at CWM?
Andre Gibeault had two known surviors of the Tracked Jeep Mk.II. The restored one seen in post 13 above is on display in the Canadian War Museum. The second one, which was been found by the late Jim Fraser and used to help restore the CWM one, is now in England being restored by Fred Smith who collects prototype jeeps.

See http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...5470#post5470:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dabkowski View Post
I could be mistaken but I believe that Andre Gibeault donated his restored version of one of these to the CWM about a year ago and he has the remains of another donor vehicle still at his farm.
And Tobin Jones wrote:
Quote:
I bought one from Andre gibault in Canada a few years back. Marmon Harrington tracked jeep, seven or eight made I think. Andre had rebuilt the one in the Canadian war museum, my hull, track, suspension and controls was the remainder from that project. I passed it the Fred Smith several years ago. One was armoured and used in a film as German vehicle, mine was number two or three and soft skin. The internal bracing frame was tubular and formed a reservoir for air to operate the steering rams.