View Single Post
Old 11-02-04, 05:55

Good one! Check out 'Our GMV' in the Post WW2 sect of this site, as there is a 6 x 6 there, rigged for RAEME Armt use.

Brings back my 1995 horrors of my 'intro to the capital of the world's worst arsehole drivers' which I truly belive Sydney holds even presently (I thought Montreal was bad), as I was used to driving on the Cdn side from age 15 to 35, and on my second day here, ther I was on Paramatta Road at peak traffic (narrow, skinny lanes, and something not seen in Saskatchewan)! Now I too have become one (??), at times anyways. So, along with the snags, the barbies, cold beer, the beach, and the Aussie culture, the aggressive driving too, should be added as an Aussie way of just how things are here.

My CF DND (Cdn) 416 drivers record was recognised by the Army's School of Tpt (RACT), so I did not requrie any courses, but did have to be road tested on each veh type. Infact everything I had done in the CF was recognised except for my SLC (WO's Course). Hence I am still a Sergeant, and happy at this rank for now.

Cheers,

Wes