View Single Post
Old 01-04-11, 21:14

Wonder if the size of Corowa 2010 event finally made the council sit up and take notice, they seem to put work into attracting new events, but could well be that the Swim In has been below the radar to some extant because of the length of time it has been held, and its modest begining. Always wondered how much attention the council payed after they decided to resurface the the road to the Airport on the same day as the parade for Year of The Bren Gun Carrier.
I have always found the Locals to be fine, they generally are either intertested or totally ignore the event. Thats fine, we are the ones taking over their town for the week, as long as they don't start with the tar and feathers all is good. They are generally more than considerate on the road, roundabouts in particular, and give you plenty of room when trying to back out of angle parks with limited rear vision.
So a general thankyou to the people of Corowa.
Doug, people not only leave early, they arrive even earlier, the full length of the event from first arrival to last departure must be 2 weeks. I promise that next year if I am allowed to sleep, I will stay until Sunday.
Rich.