View Single Post
Old 27-03-24, 01:25
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Exclamation Decal

Great job . Your decal artwork is excellent. What graphic program did you use ?

Can't help with the colour/hue of the change sectors. The repro sticker doesn't look correct as you have pointed out. I didn't know that Ford used two brands of Speedo heads

I was at the MJCQ swap meet in 1980 and a seller had some NOS wartime Ford and Chev blitz speedo heads for $10. I bought a NOS Chev speedo from Jack O'Donnell many years ago, he had all of the Chev instruments NOS in 'AC Delco' boxes.

I scanned a original Chev glass instrument face , think I used Paint Shop Pro to clean up the white lettering and numerals. I reversed the image and it came out very nice. I believe I uploaded the file on this forum . I gave a copy to 'salesman Bob' and he told me it is perfect. http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...hlight=artwork Just a few weeks back I found another complete Chev instrument cluster for $10 at a swap meet. Ford clusters are less common, for some reason you see ten Chev clusters for each Ford cluster.

When I had the ex-army 1941 Ford 11D , the instruments artwork was almost unreadable. A friend had a official 1941 Ford Aust. truck promo book with many pics, including a detailed pic of the speedo face. I scanned the pic and printed out a image that was useable.
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 27-03-24 at 02:17.