View Single Post
Old 21-03-15, 18:35
aut viam inveniam aut fac

Whatever happened to the TO exhibition Lanc??
I tend to agree with you...as this has an actual war record I personally would prefer to see it restored in its war colours.... but you know..this is Canada and wars are such nasty things...most Canadians dont want to be reminded..
(standing on soap box) Very little of our history of course is even taught in schools, history is only mandatory in four provinces...and in Quebec..its Quebec history and rather nuanced propaganda so Im not sure that even counts...(ive seen the grade school history books and homework !!!!)

Also a great many Canadians came from somewhere else so yours and my Canadian history,,isn't really theirs in the same sense...

On the practical side.. it's probably easier and less costly (???) simply to restore it in its last role..

I also agree that if you get the Nanton Lanc to taxiing restoration..could it not get to airworthy shape?..but as you suggest THAT may be even more costly..have to inspect all struts spars joints rivets etc etc etc for microscopic cracks.... even at taxiing.. it may be an impossible task to make the step to airworthy....perhaps someone with more air experience knows more about that process.