View Single Post
Old 03-02-18, 03:49

Default Part 2......

You will need to start with a rod about 40 inches long to give you leverage.
The bar should be heated red but only in the area you want to bend.
make sure it is cold before doing second bend.
The big rings where choosen to give a soft radius to the bar.
The first one is easy...... the second one you have to duplicate the same bend while making sure the overall lenght will come out 25 in. 3/8...... you d have about a 1/4 in to play with as the bar is only partly inserted into the end piece and a button weld done.

Make sure the hole to be drilled match the one on your truck.

The bar is bent in such a fashion that if you put a short 12 in piece just below the bend the two bars will touch..... or in other words the offset is exactly the thickness of the bar 5/8.

Hot or cold roll steel will work fine.

when I installed mine I used temporary 2 inch bolts on each side and pulled the two side up....fenders ...nose...pulls the horse collar radiator support closer for a better fit of the rad..... everything lined up better. The replace the long bolts with the proper oval head slotted 5/16 machined screws.

NOTE...... on each side of the sheet metal nose that fits over the radiator you will see 3 bolts holes BUT only the two rear most ones are used...front hole is there all cab 11/12 but no way to attach a bolt.

By the way the cast support on each side is unique to the cab 11 or the cab 12.... I know I tried the holes do not lineup....... having said that I transplanted the sheet metal part that has the air vent from a cab 12 to my cab 11 with only a few slight modification.

Just downsized some other photos now can't find where I saved them.

Remember follow up questions are allowed and included in the basic consultation price.

Bob C
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 03-02-18 at 04:07.