View Single Post
Old 04-02-18, 01:59

Default So that's where it went.......

..... and you are keeping it cool so it will not spoil.

Nice to see that you are out there playing with your toys.

Grant and I have gotten into the habit of making up parts whenever we have an original...... rather copy the part and save the original.

Alex...... I believe that the cast bracket has raised part numbers.... easiest way to see if they are the same.

I have rebuilt my cab 11 incorporating all the cab 12 features ( except the nose) that I could find that would make the cab 11 better....the gas filter, the under the floor rear corner reinforcement plates, the radiator bar, adapted my modern 261 to run with a steam tube, installed r-Zeppa front axle u joints, used a 216 distributor for looks and spacing, adding extra metal bracing to the top to keep it solid longer, beefed up the door frame where they usually crack near the latch mechanism, beefed up the upper corners of the windshield pipe frame with solid metal bar inserts, installed a hidden radiator expansion tank( mine did not have one).............
........... so by now it is a cab 11 and a 1/2.

To be truthful, I had more fun building it than I have driving it. May be time to look for a second project.

Bob C
Canada