View Single Post
Old 15-08-13, 01:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamotex View Post
Hi Jan You may certainly reprint all or sections of the IEEE Canadian Review article. I would expect you to credit the source. I would like to correct the statement which implies that the GL III(c) AA gunlaying radar was a Canadian built version of the British GL 3B. The accurate statement should read that it was a Canadian development based upon a set of British design specifications for a GL 3 radar. There was significant technical cooperation with both the British and US Radar Research Establishments throughout the project.

Apart from a PPI display console, I am unaware of any original cabin interior components having been located in OZ. You might consider creating a photo gallery for the cabin interior. I do have some digital images that you may wish to look at. I take it that you want it to serve as a site office at the Corowa event.
Hi Brian,
Jan is having to rush off to a meeting and asked me to respond to you. My fault regarding inaccurate statement, thanks for correcting me. A photo gallery of the trailer internally and externally as they were originally would be an excellent idea. As it will be used as a store for display boards and other kit during off season and with office accommodation as well, there would be no way any original equipment could be fitted internally. At present we are loaned a site office from the local council, but that cannot always be depended on and to be able to store our kit within the trailer is an asset.

Thank you for the permission to use your article, I will give you and the periodical full credit. If you send me your email address via a PM I will make sure our newsletter is sent to you. Many thanks.
regards, Richard

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor