View Single Post
Old 28-03-19, 06:09

Default Been a while so time for an update.

The extra bits up front were me making it drivable for the trip out there. I took the seat off before I thought to take a pic. The seats look pretty good, I will take a pic once they are in the cab.
Well as I said in a previous post I have had some new fuel tanks made out of stainless steel, the bill was much more than I had planned on.... Safe to say I won't ever do that again. They are amazingly well done but far too much money to ever buy again. No pics as they are exactly the same as every other CMP fuel tank....
The filter tops have been completed, they were not cheap either but since there was no good option I am OK with that. They need some final finish grinding and rounding of the edges but they fit and I had them put threaded fittings on them so they could be attached properly to the hoses and pumps.
The truck and all its parts went out to a friends acreage to get a good week of work done to them, the weather has been cold but the sandblaster (me) still works well outside in the cold. I am able to put it inside a heated garage at night and paint, letting it dry overnight. The frame and lower cab were first and now I have started on the water tank. Another day of blasting the rest of the paint and rust will be gone and the entire thing will be primer red.
Attached Thumbnails
20190324_121208.jpg   20190326_141917.jpg   20190327_160519.jpg   20190327_161138.jpg   20190327_215724.jpg  

Complete- Bofors 40mm on carriage
Complete Reproduction- Vickers, Model 1937 Tank
Waiting restoration- 1950 Cambridge carrier, Ford CMP Water truck, 1943 Universal carrier, 1945 Dodge APT truck, Canadian C3 Howitzer, several parts vehicles and a few ideas.....