View Single Post
Old 20-03-16, 00:37

Thanks Stefan! I have another good picture for your current project by the way......will send you an email.

The section of brake line that goes underneath the Radiator was originally secured with two spring type clips on my C8 . I found replacements for these at the filling station, but sadly one of them broke while trying to get it into the small holes of the crossmember. After fitting another I still wasn't very happy....the clips were a bit crooked and weren't really holding the brake line as they should. I presume GM used these spring type clips to allow some movement of the brake line while driving through terrain (P-clips and bolts were used on other locations), so I decided the way to go was a P-clip with a rubber insert to allow for some movement. I wasn't able to find any clips to my liking at the local parts store, so in the end I made some clips of my own.

I found some rubber hose at a Motorcycle parts shop that would just fit around the brake line, and cut this into sections of about 6cm. I cut strips from some 0,7mm sheet and used the vise, a chisel and a metal rod of the correct size to form the clips.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Clips1.jpg   Clips2.jpg   Clips3.jpg