View Single Post
Old 12-04-07, 08:31

Hi Gents ...I have not been able to Log On for Months , I Emailed the MLU site many times but got a message that there was a problem and never heard back. Finally I was able to get on tonight so , I hope whatever happened was fixed.
I want to thank all of you for some great info and I'd LOVE to buy a copy of that Book that Mike Kelly Posted (thanks for that)
--Cliff , I think you're right in that I have the standard Ammo rack (less the Box and Leather Tool case) but the Carrier version was different (as Ian pointed out too)
Mine is 100% Australian and proud of it !!

Thanks to Ebay ..I was able to find the Original Optical Sight for it complete with the little tool in the Leather case.
An Antique Dealer in Cape Cod had it for $100 "Buy it Now" ...boy did I hit that button fast !
Nicely marked and dated 1942 so it matches with my Gun.

The Gun participated in the West Point 4th of July Parade last year and I already have another Veteran Group ask to use it this year ...it's nice seeing it used and enjoyed like that.
I still have not found a Seat or Ammo Box but , I won't give up ...this 2Pdr will be with me for a long time.
Here's the sight --
Attached Thumbnails
do191.jpg  

Last edited by Mike P; 12-04-07 at 08:52.