View Single Post
Old 19-09-14, 11:39

Default A change

I discovered that Polish Company IBG produced a South African Ford Marmon Herrington Recon Armoured car in 1/35 scale and looking at photos of the parts realised that almost all the chassis parts were the ones I needed for my LP3A Ford M/H gun tractor so I purchased a kit. BUT when it arrived it was the early Mk1 4X2 version and not the 4X4 one I wanted. So another one of the later Marks was ordered and when the second kit arrived it had all the M/H conversion parts I needed. I then made the decision not to continue trying to scratch build all my parts for a full kit but to convert the chassis of the IBG kit into the LP3A using parts of the original ICM kit (mainly modified Body parts) plus making parts as I needed to give a fairly detailed chassis and engine bay so the bonnet could be left open, plus my home made roaster body and (still to build) the rear body. These I will reproduce in resin at a later date.

I also have had a go at making my own 18in directional pattern Aussie wheels as well. Still have the wheel centres to do but will cast as a separate item so I can use the trye and rim for other projects as well. Not perfect but OK for a first time effort working by hand with no fancy computer drawing program.
Attached Images

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"