View Single Post
Old 19-08-16, 14:50
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Yeo View Post
Rob

I talked to Ross last night, it sounds like you had some full days and lots of help. Aren't you glad that the Ontario collectors are so helpful and there none of the difficulties that removing things from the West creates.

Glad to see they went to a good home and help expand your collection. I'll be out to see them some time in the future.

Gord
Yes, very full days. When we went to St Huberts, I had to stand for a while as every muscle in my body started to cramp up.

As I have mentioned, without Bob and crew showing up, I would have been doing a lot of hand winching. At best I would have had the close one on the trailer and to Bob's for Tuesday evening, and then spent Wednesday hand winching the second one up the hill. I would have ended up backing the trailer onto the grass to pick it up once to the top of the hill, but even so, the first leg of the winching had to have been at least 70 feet, and all of it uphill.

I can promise you this: after seeing Bob's winch set-up, I'll be setting up similar on my trailer. I actually picked up an old Warn 8000 pound winch for the trailer last fall which has been kicking around the shop ever since. It will be on the trailer soon enough, hopefully for the trip back to Ottawa.

I think Bob mentioned some poaching from Saskatchewan. Perhaps I may be able to help out on that one, but I'll have to work out the details.