Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 01-01-22, 23:57
carrier mech

Well, I beat the odds. I am triple immunized, with my booster being less than a month ago. Made it through my recent Mexico trip and had to test the second last day there. All clear. Got dinged for another test here in Canada before I left the airport.....got the results Wednesday that all was good. But as I went to work Wednesday, I was feeling pretty tired. Of course, I had awoken at 3:30 aam and did not get back to sleep, so I wrote it off to that. Besides, I was tottally alone in the building, and also locked the door so I didn't get any visitors. There is the Omnicron running rampant after all.

Wednesday night I started having more symptoms, so went for a test along with the wife Thursday morning. The lineups are very long these days, so we got there early. Then we had to isolate, although my life is pretty much that way anyway. We did have family over for Christmas on Monday though. That was acceptable because we were both double vaccinated, and had no symptoms.

Tests came back today. Wife is negative. I am positive. It basically is like the dreaded man-cold. If I could ditch the sore throat I wouldn't mind it nearly so much. The extended family are showing no symptoms either, which should materialize by now or in the next few days.

Took a walk out to the shed yesterday in the -33 weather. While the nice thick air felt good, the numbness of the extremities did not. Luckily it was just for 10 minutes. Got to try out my new Manitobah Mukluks. Comfortable and warm, even if I didn't bother putting socks on.

They say everyone will catch this one. Here is is hoping you all have less symptoms than me, and get over it in a few days, or not even know you caught it at all.

Happy New years to all and stay safe, but keep on living.

Last edited by rob love; 02-01-22 at 06:21.